- 3 cups cooking liquid from turkey pan (fat removed)
- 1 turkey neck
- 1 turkey heart
- 1/2 cup cooked onions from roasting pan
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped sage
- Put turkey neck and heart into saucepan, add 6 cups of water and simmer for 2 hours. You'll get rich turkey stock.
- Get 3 cups of cooking liquid from roasting pan after turkey was cooked and was taken from oven. While turkey is resting for 20 minutes under the foil you can prepare this gravy.
- Melt butter in saucepan, fry onion pieces until they become transparent, add flour and stir until brown for about 4 mins.
- Pour turkey stock and cooking liquid from pan. Bring to a boil. Stir until it evaporates for its half and become thick. Sift. Add salt, pepper and sage. Serve.