Cost per serving $1.03 view details
- 2 c. shredded savoy cabbage
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1/4 c. diced carrot
- 2Â 1/2 c. new potatoes in 1/2" cubes
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. diced green chili pepper
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed
- 1/8 tsp dill weed
- 1/8 tsp coriander seed
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 1 pch fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1Â 1/2 c. 2% low-fat lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. low-salt fat-free chicken broth
- 5 ounce corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme for garnish
- Heat oil in a flat-bottom wok or possibly large and deep saute/fry pan. Saute/fry cabbage till sweetened, about 4 min. Add in onion and saute/fry for 1 to 2 min. Add in carrot, potatoes, cilantro, and canned chili peppers.
- Combine pinches of the dry herbs and seeds with a smaller healthy pinch of fresh rosemary leaves. Grind (or possibly otherwise crush) the seasonings, then add in to the soup. Season with pepper and salt and stir well.
- Pour in the lowfat milk. Add in chicken broth to level of potatoes, add in 1/4 c. more if needed to raise the liquid level. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer; cook the potatoes for 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- Puree half of the soup. Add in 5 to 6 ounces of fresh or possibly thawed corn kernels. Top with snipped thyme. Cover. Simmer another 10 to 12 min.
- Serve in chowder bowls with sauces, like Maggi or possibly Tabasco sauce.
- This recipe yields 5 c. for 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 284g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 33||20%|
|Total Fat 3.71g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.08g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.76g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|