Cost per serving $1.15 view details
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. veg. oil or possibly extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x or possibly 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grnd white or possibly black pepper
- Â Â Rice pilaf (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. Place in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, veg. oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Close the bag. Cover and chill chicken for 1 hour. (Do not marinate longer; it would cause the flavor to be too strong.) At the sametime, soak the skewers in water.
- Drain the marinated chicken; throw away marinade. Thread chicken chunks onto six to eight 12 inch-long skewers. Place skewers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil* 4 to 5 inches from the heat for about 5 min. Turn the chicken and broil for about 5 min more or possibly till the chicken is tender and no longer pink. Serve over rice pilaf, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
- *Note: To grill, place the assembled kabobs on grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 5 min. Turn kabobs, brush with marinade and grill for 7 to 9 min more or possibly till chicken is no longer pink. (To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the heat of the grill at the height of the food for 4 seconds before having to pull away.)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 132g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 118||53%|
|Total Fat 13.34g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.23g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.34g|
|Total Carbs 2.26g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|