Sifting through the facts about whole grains.
What does ‘cracked wheat’ mean? Is your cereal really the best source of whole grains?
It is essential we eat at least 32% of fiber a day! Not all cereals, grains gives 32 % of fiber.
I always make sure to include multi-grain, or whole wheat in roti, and also cereals with 32% of dietary fiber.
Whole wheat Ravioli (or Spaghetti, pasta) is a good source of fiber.
- 2 cups Ravioli
- 1/4 cup red onion (small french cut)
- 1/2 cup red, yellow, green bell pepper (small french cut)
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 tspn chilli sauce
- 1/2 tspn garlic powder
- 2 tspn oil for frying
- 1 1/2 tspn tomato ketchup (ravioli, pasta sauce will taste better)
- 5 cups of water for cooking ravioli
- In a skillet, bring water to boil and add the ravioli. Cook till tender.
- Fry the oinion and bell peppers with 2 tspn oil. Now add the chilli sauce and then add the frozen peas to it and stir well. For mroe spice, add freshly crushed black peppers. To this add the tomato ketchup.
- Add the cooked Ravioli to the vegetables. Then add in the garlic powder. Add garlic powder at this stage give the ravioli a nice aroma and taste.
- Cook untill all water evaporates.
- Top with a mint leaf, a small cube of cheese and serve.
- I also used some leftover Broccoli florets. I added the broccoli in the end, as it cooks fast and tends to get soggy.
- This is my entry for Coloring your kids Delight for a colorful and attractive dish to make your eat without making fuss.
- Wish you a happy cooking!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 543g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||32%|
|Total Fat 7.61g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.37g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.1g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|