Mooli Paratha is Indian Bread stuffed with White raddish. All Parathas can be filled with our own style masalas. There is no specific masala recipe for them. So we can adopt our recipes and try each of them.
Mix Salt and Oil with Flour and add warm Water. Knead to form semi-firm dough. Coat dough with few drops of Oil, cover and set aside for sometime.
Sprinkle shredded Radish with Salt, mix well and set aside for 10 mins. The salt helps to pull the water from the radish. Although, the salt pulls out water, we need to squeeze out the water from raddish and discard them.
Check out with photos at http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=6677102187239618312&postID=7647727694971361758&from=pencil
Some Facts about Radish
Radish, the well known part of your salad, is a root crop, pungent or sweet in taste with a lot of juice. Radishes can be white, red, purple or black, long cylindrical or round in shape. They are eaten raw, cooked or pickled.
1. Radish is very good for the liver and the stomach and it is a very good detoxifier too, that is, it purifies blood.
2. Radish is very rich in roughage, i.e. indigestible carbohydrates. This facilitates digestion, retains water, cures constipation (one of the main causes for piles) and thus gives relief in piles. Being a very good detoxifier, it helps heal up piles fast. Its juice also soothes the digestive and excretory system.
3. Radishes are very filling, i.e. fills your stomach and satisfies your hunger easily without giving you many calories, as they are low in digestible carbohydrates, high in roughage and contain a lot of water. It is a very good dietary option for those determined to lose weight.
4. Being a very good detoxifier and rich in vitamin-C, folic and anthocyanins, radish helps cure many types of cancer, particularly those of colon, kidney, intestines, stomach and oral cancer.
5. Vitamin-C, phosphorus, zinc and some members of vitamin-B complex, which are present in radish, are good for skin. Smashed raw radish is a very good cleanser and serves as a very efficient face pack.
Many more benefits are there.
6. Apart from above benefits, radish is a good appetizer, mouth and breathe freshener, laxative, regulates metabolism, improves blood circulation, is a good treatment for headache, acidity, constipation, nausea, obesity, sore throat, whooping cough, gastric problems, gallbladder stones, dyspepsia etc.