Cost per serving $2.06 view details
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb Italian sweet sausage, casings removed if using links
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 Cup olive oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Carefully remove stems from mushrooms, saving stems.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet gill side up, drizzle with olive oil (if using) and cook for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Chop mushroom stems.
- In a large skillet saute sausage, peppers, onion and mushroom stems until sausage is browned and vegetables are soft.
- Remove mushrooms from oven.
- Spread approximately 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on each musroom cap.
- Sprinkle on approximately 2 tablespoons of cheese on each mushroom cap.
- Spread about a 1/4 cup of sausage & vegetable mixture on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle approximately 2-3 tablespoons additional cheese on top of sausage mixture.
- Return mushrooms to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and partially browned.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 241g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 399||77%|
|Total Fat 44.45g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 17.08g||68%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.43g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|