Cost per serving $3.72 view details
- 2 tbs oil
- 600 g pork leg (Fresh Ham), cut into cubes
- 150 g onions, chopped
- 300 g apples, peeled, cleaned, cut into cubes
- 100 g carrots, sliced
- 1 tbs raisins
- 1 bay leaf
- Â½ tsp fresh thyme
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vegeta or similar seasoning
- 1.2 l water
- 100 ml apple or plum brandy
- 4 prunes
- 250 g red cabbage, cut into thick strips
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 150 g orecchiette pasta
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- SautÃ© the meat in hot oil until light brown.
- Add onion and sautÃ©, stirring constantly, until it turns brown.
- Add apples, carrots, raisins, bay leaf, thyme, cinnamon and Vegeta, simmer for a few minutes while stirring.
- Pour water and brandy, let it boil, then reduce heat and cook covered for 30 minutes.
- Add prunes and cabbage, cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and bring to the boil, then remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer's instructions in a slightly salted water, drain, add to the casseroles, season with pepper and stir.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 597g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||37%|
|Total Fat 12.47g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2.42g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 26.3g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|