Cost per serving $0.32 view details
- 1 cup Chick-Pea Flour or Gram Flour
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 4 Large Onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 25g / 1oz finely chopped Fresh Coriander
- Cold water to mix
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sift the flour, chili, turmeric, cumin, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the water and mix well. Now add the chopped coriander and onions and mix well until all onion rings are coated with batter.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 180ÂºC / 350ÂºF. Very carefully drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until the bhajis are golden brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and serve while still piping hot.
- Serve with Onion bhajis with plain yogurt mixed with chopped mint and a few drops of chili oil!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||5%|
|Total Fat 0.33g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.2g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|