Cost per serving $1.19 view details
- 4 x Peaches (Peeled, pitted and Sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1Â 1/2 c. All purpose flour
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 c. Molasses
- 3/4 c. Boiling water
- 2 x Large eggs
- 3/4 c. Granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. Unsalted butter (melted)
- 8 x Peaches (also peeled, pitted & sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 c. Unsalted butter (melted)
- 6 Tbsp. Dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 c. Peach or possibly apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter a 12 inch springform pan. Arrange 4 of the sliced peaches in a circular pattern in the pan and set aside.
- Sift flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Combine molasses and water. Set aside.
- Combine Large eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for 5 - 10 min till light and fluffy.
- Add in the melted butter gradually while still beating.
- Alternately add in the flour and molasses mixtures, mixing just till smooth.
- Pour batter over peaches in the springform pan.
- Place on center rack in preheated oven and bake for 45 min or possibly till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cake and let cold.
- Saute/fry the remaining peach slices in the 1/4 c. of melted butter and 6 Tbsp. of packed brown sugar till soft but not mushy, about 6 to 8 min. Remove and let cold.
- Invert cake onto serving platter so peaches are on top. Arrange the cooled peach slices around the top of the cake.
- Heat the preserves in the top of a double-boiler and generously brush over the sliced peaches.
- This dessert is extremely elegant and is perfect for company.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 274g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 109||29%|
|Total Fat 12.37g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.18g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 63.07g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|