Cost per recipe $42.10 view details
- 2 Tbsp. grnd black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chili pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 x pork sirloin tip roasts or possibly pork shoulder roasts (6 to 7 pounds total)
- Â Â About 2 c. hickory smoking chips soaked in water for 1 hour or possibly more
- Â Â Dipping Sauce (that see)
- Â Â Hamburger buns
- Â Â Coleslaw (that see)
- In a small bowl, stir together the black pepper, chili pwdr and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle the spice mix lightly over the pork roasts and rub it into the surface. Let stand for a few min while preparing the smoker.
- Plug in the smoker (or possibly light a bed of charcoal if using a charcoal smoker).
- Fill the water pan with warm water. Sprinkle a layer of liquid removed smoking chips around the electric element (about 1 1/2 c.). Place the water pan in the smoker and place the rack into the top of the smoker. Place the pork roasts onto the rack and cover the smoker with the lid. Smoke for 4 to 5 hrs, checking after about 3 hrs to be sure the water pan is not dry. Add in more smoking chips at this point if necessary. Don't open the smoker to check the meat before this or possibly the heat will be lost.
- When the meat is done (it should reach 160 degrees F on a meat thermometer), unplug the smoker and let the meat cold for about 30 min. Remove to a platter.
- When the pork is cold sufficient to handle, pull the roasts into strips with your hands. Pull each strip into thin strips about 1/2 inch thick. Chop the strips into small pcs (about 1/4 inch wide) and place in a large bowl. Chill till ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, place the minced pork into a large skillet, wok or possibly stockpot. Heat over medium heat. Pour about 1 c. of Dipping Sauce over the pork and stir till the pork mix is warm, adding more sauce as necessary till the meat is just barely moist.
- Serve the pork piled on a bun, topped with a scoop of coleslaw. Alternately, serve the pork and coleslaw side by side on a platter with buns, if you like.
- Serve extra sauce on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2381g|
|Calories from Fat 395||14%|
|Total Fat 44.08g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 12.98g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 38.68g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7g||32%|