The base for the sauce can be prepared two days ahead; the pan juices from the Roasted Double Rack of Pork are added to it before serving.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cost per recipe $9.31 view details
- 2 ounces dried whole morel mushrooms (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Reserved pork roasting pan with juices
- 1 cup slightly sweet Sherry (such as Dry Sack)
- Combine morels and 2 cups boiling water in 8x8x2-inch glass dish. Let soak until mushrooms soften, stirring occasionally, at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. Using slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms to small bowl; reserve soaking liquid. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and sautÃ© 3 minutes. Add brandy and shake pan until brandy has almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth and cream. Slowly pour in mushroom soaking liquid, leaving any sediment behind in bowl. Add mushrooms. Bring sauce to boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 30 minutes.
- (Mushroom base can be made 2 days ahead. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Pour all pan juices from roasting pan into small bowl. Spoon off fat from top; pour juices into mushroom base in saucepan. Place roasting pan over 2 burners set at medium heat. Pour in Sherry. Boil 1 minute, scraping up browned bits; pour into mushroom base. Boil sauce until reduced to 3 cups, about 8 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Serve with pork.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1408g|
|Calories from Fat 522||43%|
|Total Fat 59.36g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 35.93g||144%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 84.16g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|