This is a leftovers recipe, not to be cooked and eaten the same day! A moist and flavorful turkey meatloaf recipe that will hold up to sandwiches, diced on salad, or even as a entree itself.
Penzey's spice blend can be substituted for your personally preferred seasonings, as long as the pieces are small.
The reason why this is a reheat or leftover recipe is that the meatloaf really needs to set overnight to allow the oatmeal to relax its texture and absorb the spices so you don't even notice it.
- 1 lb. 94% lean ground turkey
- 1 egg (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1 tbs Penzey's Forward! Salt Free seasoning blend (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger (Optional)
- 1/3 cup golden breadcrumbs (adjust for consistency)
- 1 cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a loaf pan lightly with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine Turkey, eggs and spices and mix well.
- Add Oats and combine by hand until well incorporated (no dry spots)
- Add breadcrumbs gradually, until the mixture will hold in a loose ball.
- Place in loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until done.
- Let this cool slowly, and when comfortable to the touch, cover tightly with plastic wrap or tight sealing lid and refrigerate overnight.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 86g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||33%|
|Total Fat 6.82g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.74g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.15g|
|Total Carbs 16.28g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|