Cost per serving $3.03 view details
- 1 lb raw ground beef/chuck (15-20% fat)
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tbs grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder or Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock
- Breadcrumb mixture - In a large bowl, large enough to fit all the meat as well, mix together breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese, Italian seasoning, eggs, chopped garlic and red chilly powder. With a whisk, mix vigorously till the mixture is well blended.
- Meatballs - To the bowl now add the raw ground beef and mild Italian sausage. With clean hands, mix gently with a light hand ensuring that the mixture is loose but well mixed. Do not squeeze the meat together or it will result in a hard meatball once cooked.
- Pull out a hunk of meat between your fingers and roll loosely into a ball approx 2 inches round or weigh on a kitchen scale so each meatball weighs 2 oz. You should get about 21 meatballs.
- Cooking method -
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F. Spray some non-stick cooking spray on a large baking tray.
- Place the meatballs in a row not touching each other till you have used up all the meat. Now pour a cup of beef or chicken stock (which ever you have handy) in the tray.
- Place in the oven and set the timer to 30 minutes.
- Cooks Note - Collect congealed solids and pan juices. Remove pan drippings to a container and store in the refrigerator for later use to prepare Marinara sauce.
- Serve hot as is or with Marinara sauce over spaghetti.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 321g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 616||71%|
|Total Fat 68.32g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 25.9g||104%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.42g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|