Cost per serving $2.76 view details
- Ingredients for Dumplings
- 2/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 50g homemade bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 30g butter, room temperature
- Grated lemon zest
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Ingredients for the stew:
- 20g butter
- 1tbs oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g beef (or other meat of your choice) cut into small cubes
- Handful of broccoli flowers
- Handful of cauliflower flowers
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 5 tbs flour
- 2 meat or vegetable stock cubes
- 200ml cream
- Chopped parsley for sprinkling
- Mix all the ingredients for dumplings by hand or in a food processor until well combined.
- Form 24 small marble sized dumplings (or bigger if you wish), roll in some flour, set aside and refrigerate.
- SautÃ© onion in butter and oil for few minutes.
- Add meat, stir, sautÃ© until golden.
- Stir in broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, bay leaf and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of flour, stir.
- Add enough water to cover meat and vegetables and cook for 40 minutes on low heat, half covered, until meat is tender. Add some water from time to time, stir.
- Add stock cubes and 1l water, bring to boil.
- Thicken stew with 3 tbs of flour paste (mix flour with cold water to get a creamy paste), cook for few more minutes.
- Add parsley dumplings and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf from the stew.
- Stir in cream, sprinkle with some chopped parsley and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 277g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 365||65%|
|Total Fat 41.15g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 19.94g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 25.09g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|