Dosa is a gluten free breakfast recipe in case you are allergic to wheat. Dosa can be compared to a pancake that's made more often with the combination of rice and white lentils. None can resist this dish with a spicy hot chutney, sambar or any other non vegetarian curry. This is a staple breakfast to people in india.
- Idly rice-3 cups
- White lentils(Urad dal)-3/4 cup
- Rice Flakes/Beaten Rice/Poha(optional)-1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds(optional)-3/4 tsp
- Salt-As required
- Soak the idly rice in water for 5 to 6 hours or leave it overnight.
- Similarly soak the urad dal,poha and fenugreek seeds in water for few hours.
- Grind the rice separately and the urad dal, poha with fenugreek seeds separately to a thick consistency batter(pancake batter consistency) using a blender or grinder.
- Set it aside in a warm place because you got to get it fermented, the batter tends to raise from 1 inch to 2 inches depending upon the weather and the place where ever you reside.
- Add some salt and water to get the desired consistency.
- Now heat a skillet, grease it with some oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter on it spreading it evenly, pour some oil around the corner and flip the dosa.
- Dosa will turn little brown and crispy. This is just a plain dosa.