- Oil for frying
- 1 x Leek, washed, dry and julienne
- 1/2 c. Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. Beulah spice
- 4 ounce Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 ounce Cheddar cheese. divided
- 1 c. Elbow macaroni, cooked Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees. Quickly fry leeks in oil for 3 to 4 min, or possibly till golden. Place on a pepper lined plate to drain. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Put heavy cream in a pan and bring to a simmer. Add in seasoning and half of cheese, let reduce to a custard. Add in macaroni. Place in buttered baking dish. Layer cheese over top and heat under broiler.
- Serve with leeks as a garnish.