Linguini with Salmone e Mandarini (Salmon & mandarin oranges) copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati Recipe
From The Basic Art of Italian Cooking: Holidays & Special Occasions-2nd edition;copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati)
Servings: 4 servings
Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- 1 lb of linguini pasta
- 2 ounces of smoked salmon
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 scallion
- small handful of celery leaves (found at top of celery stalks)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- With a potato peeler peel 2 pieces of mandarin orange peel (take only orange peel, not white part) and cut pieces into thin strips. Place in boiling water for one minute and drain.
- Use juicer to juice the mandarins and place juice in saucepan. Peel and cut scallion into thin slices, place into pan with mandarin orange juice, place in cut orange peel and warm this on low heat. Stir and let cook till only approx 4 tblsps of liquid are remaining. Remove from heat and pour through a chesecloth. Discard everything except filtered juice.
- Place filtered juice back in sauce pan and pour in the cream. Stir with wire whisk and cook over low heat just until boiling. Remove from heat before mixture boils. Place pasta in salted water and cook till al dente. Drain.
- Cut salmon into thin strips and add into sauce. If sauce has cooled warm a bit and stir with wire whisk, do not let boil. Place al dente pasta in serving bowl, pour sauce on top and garnish with chopped celery leaves, and ground black pepper. If possible, and for a special added touch, serve on warmed plates
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 182g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||12%|
|Total Fat 6.63g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.57g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 89.94g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|