Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- Â Â -the art of filo
- Â Â use simple round (see shapes)
- 1/4 lb filo
- Â Â filo
- Â Â butter melted
- 1 x egg yolk beaten (for glazing top)
- 1Â 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1/3 c. flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 x Large eggs, separated room temp.
- 1Â 1/4 tsp grated fresh lemon peel
- 1/3 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- TO ASSEMBLE Bring the lowfat milk to a boil. In another saucepan, combine the flour and the sugar over low heat. Slowly beat in the warm lowfat milk, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, till mix boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and add in the butter. Beat the egg yolks in a bowl, then add in the lemon peel and juice to the yolks. Stirring constantly, slowly add in the warm lowfat milk mix to the egg yolks. Return the mix to the pan and cook over low heat, still stirring, for about 2 min. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff. When the lemon custard has cooled a bit, gently mix in the beaten egg whites.
- Follow the folding instructions for the Simple Round shape. Brush the top with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven till golden, about 25 min. Let the pie cold about 1 hour before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 249g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 275||47%|
|Total Fat 31.22g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 18.18g||73%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 69.48g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|