Juicy chicken with a taste of the carribean! Much better than the bottled stuff and it is healthy and figure friendly!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4-6 Servings
Cost per serving $1.14 view details
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 habanero chile, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing grill pan
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Blend all of the marinade ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Put the chicken in a 13 by 9-inch casserole dish and season it with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover the chicken with the jerk marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for the flavors to meld. If you have the time, letting the chicken marinate overnight is best.
- Preheat grill pan to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the pan to keep the chicken and marinade from sticking. Remove the chicken from the marinade letting the excess drip off and arrange them on the grill pan. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked and the jerk marinade has blackened and caramelized in spots, about 5-8 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and serve. (You can also do this on an outside grill if you like!)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 109g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 97||55%|
|Total Fat 10.94g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.63g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 9.05g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|