Cost per recipe $7.46 view details
- 4 x red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x onions
- 3 x garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 x - lb. pumpkin or possibly butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 inch
- Â Â cubes or possibly wedges
- 1Â 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 6 x - oz cavalo nero or possibly other cabbage, cut into 2 inch pcs
- 3 c. canned cannellini beans, rinsed and liquid removed
- Â Â Sea salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, cut into long shavings, to serve (optional)
- Put peppers under a warm broiler, skin side up, and cook till skins blacken.
- Transfer to a small saucepan. Cover tightly with lid and let stand 5-10 min to steam. Remove pan and scrape off and throw away skins. Cut each half into 3 pcs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottom saucepan. Add in onions and saute/fry gently till softened and translucent/soft. Add in garlic, saute/fry till golden brown. Add in pumpkin and toss till well covered with oil and lightly browned.
- Add in stock and bring to a boil. Add in cabbage and peppers; return to a boil, then simmer about 6 min. Stir in beans. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Heat till bubbling and serve sprinkled with shavings of Parmesan.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1971g|
|Calories from Fat 536||37%|
|Total Fat 60.57g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 8.92g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 175.89g||47%|
|Dietary Fiber 57.2g||191%|