It's all about taste. Use salt and pepper, and other than that, don't use many other ingredients. Keep it simple and tasty.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving $1.03 view details
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Onion (red, yellow, scallion, whatever you have) chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced (less of a Meyer lemon)
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper sprinkled generously atop the lemony onion
- 1/3 to 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- A Dash of Cumin
- 1 Large or 2 to 3 Small Tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 Avocadoes, peeled, pitted and diced or smushed
- 1 small serrano or 1/2 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Prep everything but the avocados, blend it together with the lemon juice and salt and pepper. Taste it. It should taste well seasoned; if it does, you're well on your way to good tasting guacamole.
- Now peel, pit and dice or smush up your avocados.
- Add them and blend into the onion mixture. If you feel you have too much of the other ingredients compared to the avocado, add another one. Otherwise, taste it. If it's not tasty enough consider adding a little bit of lime juice or lemon juice.
- Taste it again. It often times needs more salt and pepper. I'm a big salt and pepper person, but a little lime or lemon juice might do the trick. You be the judge.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 119g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 56||66%|
|Total Fat 6.26g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.91g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.84g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|