Great tri-tip recipe with relish - and if you don't have the time, it's pretty darn good without the relish too!
Cost per serving $1.86 view details
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 2-pound beef loin tri-tip roasts, trimmed
- (Marinate the tri-tip for at least two hours. )
- CHERRY TOMATO RELISH
- Halved cherry tomatoes and diced green chilies make a chunky relish for
- the tri-tip.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup drained canned diced mild green chilies
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- Whisk first 10 ingredients in medium bowl. Using small sharp knife,
- pierce meat all over. Place meat in large resealable plastic bag; add
- marinade. Seal bag. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning
- plastic bag occasionally. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove meat
- from marinade. Discard marinade. Grill meat to desired doneness, about
- 10 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board. Tent
- with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across grain. Serve meat
- with Cherry Tomato Relish.
- Relish Instructions:
- Whisk vinegar and oregano in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in
- oil. Mix in green chilies and green onions. (Can be made 6 hours ahead.
- Cover; chill.) Add tomatoes; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 421g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 478||60%|
|Total Fat 53.69g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 11.89g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.59g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|