This super easy combo is perfect served with Summer English Pea & Fennel Salad, creating a culinary triad of taste; sweet, savory and salty. It is incredibly light and is delicious the next day or served as an appetizer or main entrée.
Buy the shrimp already cleaned and de-veined – it saves lots of time
Salsa last for 2 days in the refrigerator but is best and most colorful the day made
Great the next day on a bed of greens.
As an appetizer; chop the grilled shrimp and toss it with a bit of salsa and serve on toasted sweet French bread
- 20 large raw prawns - cleaned and de-veined, tails attached
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley - chopped fine
- Juice of on lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup each chopped cantaloupe, watermelon, cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons each celery, chives, Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels and place in large bowl. Add chopped parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Set aside until ready to grill.
- After making salsa, heat grill on medium. Grill shrimp on one side for 2 minutes, turn and finish grilling for another 2 minutes. Remove and plate. Serve with the salsa on the side next to the shrimp.
- Salsa - Place the lemon juice and salt in the bottom of a bowl large enough to hold the salsa. Cut the melons and cucumbers in small dice size cubes and combine with the remaining ingredients. Let sit for 15 minutes to one hour before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||75%|
|Total Fat 6.94g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.97g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.99g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|