Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. basil leaves - (packed)
- 1 x garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp liquid removed capers
- 2 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil plus
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 x salmon steaks, 1" thk - (7 ounce ea)
- Puree parsley, basil, garlic, capers, lemon juice and 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil in blender or possibly food processor till very smooth. (Blender sauce will be smoother.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in container. Cover and chill up to 2 days, but color is prettiest when sauce is freshly made.
- Prepare medium-warm fire in grill. Set grate 4 to 5 inches above glowing coals. Brush grate with oil just before grilling to help prevent sticking. Dry steaks with paper towels, season with salt and pepper and rub with remaining 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil. Grill 5 to 6 min. Turn them over and grill 3 to 4 min longer. They should be slightly underdone in center if desired them super-moist. Place salmon on plates and spoon vinaigrette over top.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Grilled onions provide a nice contrast to the salmon. To grill them, cut in half, brush with oil and place on grill approximately five min before you begin the salmon. They will be ready at the same time as the salmon.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 279||99%|
|Total Fat 31.54g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 4.35g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.39g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|