Cost per serving $4.39 view details
- 2 x 2 pound pheasant Marinade
- 2 lrg shallot, chopped
- 1/2 c. brandy
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 x salt and pepper, to taste Sauce butter
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x shallot, chopped
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. brandy
- 2/3 c. half-and-half cream
- 1 c. chicken stock
- Cut the pheasants in half alongside the backbone. Cut out the backbone and reserve.
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade and add in pheasant. Marinate for 1-2 hrs at room temperature or possibly 2-4 refrigerated.
- Sear the pheasants on each side on high heat for 4-5 min per side.
- Baste with marinade. Turn the halves bone side down and baste some more, Grill for 10 min.
- Turn over and baste and cook for 10 more min.
- Cover and cook for 10 min more.
- Cook till temperature reaches 180F.
- Marinade:Combine all ingredients for the marinade and add in pheasant.
- Marinate for 1-2 hrs at room temperature or possibly 2-4 refrigerated.
- Sauce:Start sauce by heating butter and oil in skillet.
- When bubbling, add in the shallots and saute/fry for 2-3 min.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and saute/fry till golden, about 8 min.
- Add in brandy to the sauce and boil for 2-3 min to boil off alcohol.
- Add in half-and-half cream and 1/2 c. of broth.
- Cook at a low heat till the liquid has reduced to a thick cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and fresh lemon juice.
- Pour over pheasant.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 202g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 381||75%|
|Total Fat 43.05g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 5.95g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.19g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|