Really nice & simple grilled onions to go with any outdoor grilling (hamburgers, steaks, tenderloin, etc.)
Cost per recipe $0.99 view details
- Maui Sweet Onions (1 good size onion will be good for 2-3 people...or if using for sandwiches, 1 onion for ~4 ppl). Any onion can be grilled, but Maui Sweet Onions are the best!
- Butter (or Olive Oil)
- Salt (or favorite season salt)
- Remove outer peel of onion (and cut off ends).
- Cut onion cross-sectionally into 1/2" to 3/4" slices.
- Stick with 2-3 toothpicks from outer shell into middle (doesn't need to be all the way through, this just helps hold the onion together on the grill)
- Brush on some melted butter and place over low-med heat (watch as excess butter/oil could cause flame-ups).
- Lightly season/salt.
- Grill ~10 minutes per side (depending on thickness of slices).
- Rebrush with butter & season after turning.
- Remove toothpicks and serve along side other meats (or use in pieces for sandwiches, etc.)
- Variation: Add some crumbled Asadero or Fresca (or feta, blue, etc.) cheese to melt on during the last 5 minutes (with cover down)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 113g|
|Calories from Fat 806||100%|
|Total Fat 91.65g||115%|
|Saturated Fat 58.05g||232%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.07g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|