Relatively easy and good clam sauce (that can be dialed in many ways to taste) with angel hair.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Cost per serving $3.71 view details
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp EV Olive Oil
- ~6 oz diced pancetta
- 1 cup (~1/2 large) yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 - 6.5 oz cans chopped, whole or minced clams with clam juice
- 4 oz brown beach mushrooms, trimmed tops
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp corn starch in a just enough water to cover and make a slurry
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil large pot of salted water and add angel hair and cook until al dente 7-8 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a medium heavy saute pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add pancetta and cook until slightly crisped and brown.
- Add onions and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking until mixture is slightly brown.
- Add wine simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add clams with juice & red pepper and simmer for 5 min.
- Slowly stir in cream.
- Add 1/2 of the cilantro, chives (save a little for garnish), lemon, salt & pepper to taste & simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in corn starch slurry mix and allow to thicken a bit for a minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and rest of the cilantro and toss to coat.
- Plate pasta onto plates, top with parmesan cheese and sprinkle some chives.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 304g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 107||19%|
|Total Fat 12.26g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 6.85g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 88.94g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|