Cost per serving $2.75 view details
- ----Shrimp Marinade----
- 1 lbs raw shrimp, deveined, peeled and without tails
- 4 limes, juiced (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup brown or white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb tomatillos, preferably small
- 1 jalapeno, 2 if you like it hot
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 large brown or white onion
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 bunch radishes, grated
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- avocado, sliced (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- queso fresco (optional)
- At least an hour before cooking, clean your shrimp. Mix all of the marinade ingredients into a bowl or ziplock bag along with the shrimp. Be sure shrimp are thoroughly covered. Place in fridge until ready to cook
- Remove husks from tomatillos and wash thoroughly to remove sticky wax.
- On a grilling rack over the BBQ, or on a baking sheet under your oven's broiler, place whole tomatillos, jalapeno(s), and unpeeled garlic cloves. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, and then flip, cooking 5 minutes on the other side. Charring is fine.
- Deseed and peel the skin off of the jalapeno(s). Peel garlic cloves. Along with tomatillos, onion, lime juice and vinegar, place in food processor and puree. Add salt to taste.
- Skewer shrimp and cook on grill for 2-3 minutes, flipping once one side is cooked. I also used my cast iron, which was still on my grill, to cook up the onions from the marinade.
- Serve as a taco bar, or stack as thus: tortilla, shredded cabbage & radish, avocado slice, shrimp, salsa and cheese/cilantro.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 311g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||35%|
|Total Fat 8.86g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.56g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.07g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|