There are many recipes for the peanut sauce that makes up chicken satay on the internet, but what I like about this one is that the ingredients are easy to find (no need to go to a specialty market) and it uses coconut milk, one of my FAVORITE ingredients. Your family and kids will love this recipe!
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 Â½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 4 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice (or the juice of 5 limes)
- The zest of 2 limes
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients except the chicken to make the sauce.
- Pour half of the sauce or enough to coat the chicken (make sure to reserve some for serving later).
- Let the chicken sit in the sauce for at least 15 minutes.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers.
- Heat your grill to 350 degrees (medium).
- Grill the chicken 2-3 minutes per side, or until the internal temp has reached 165 degrees.
- Tent the meat for 5 minutes and then serve with additional sauce.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 331g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 535||67%|
|Total Fat 62.94g||79%|
|Saturated Fat 25.89g||104%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 20.43g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|