Cost per recipe $5.23 view details
- 5 cups sliced apples (I use Granny Smith--tart apples seem to work the best)
- 1/2 C. sugar (for apples)
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/3 C. sugar (for topping)
- 3/4 C. flour
- 6 Tbs. butter
- Pie crust (I cheat and use the refrigerated rolled dough)
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Arrange apples in unbaked pie crust.
- Mix 1/2 C. sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples.
- In medium-size mixing bowl, mix 1/3 C. sugar with the flour. Add cinnamon to taste.
- Into the sugar/flour mix, cut the 6 Tbs. of butter. Continue to cut until topping is crumbly. (I find that holding a knife in each hand and slashing works best).
- Spread this topping over the apples.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbling.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1139g|
|Calories from Fat 1148||39%|
|Total Fat 129.31g||162%|
|Saturated Fat 66.08g||264%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 434.52g||116%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.2g||71%|