Folks, don't let the summer end without trying out granita. Most commonly made with coffee or lemon juice, granita is a kind of rustic sorbetto, easy to make at home—no ice cream maker is needed—and has a coarser, more crystalline texture.
- Strong espresso coffee
- Simple sugar syrup (made of equal parts water and sugar)
- Optional topping:
- Whipped cream
- Brew yourself some strong espresso coffee--at least one shot per serving. Pour it into a loaf pan or other flat-bottomed, freezer-proof container.
- Add simple sugar syrup (see link below for recipe) to taste.
- Let the coffee and syrup mixture cool entirely, then place the loaf pan into the freezer.
- Stir the mixture every 30 minutes until it has formed a soft but solid 'slush'.
- Serve, if you like, with whipped cream.
- See link below for the complete, step by step photo illustrated recipe and tips!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 0g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|