This recipe for pan searing shrimp is one of my favorites. I adapted it from a Cooks Illustrated recipe. It is full of flavor and the shrimp will come out brown and slightly caramelized if you pan sear them as described. We tried two different recipes the same night and compared side by side. This was the consensus, but not unanimous, favorite. The other is listed as Ginger-Hoisin Glazed Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 lbs shrimp (20-25), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- In a small bowl, beat 3 Tbsp softened butter with a fork. Stir in garlic, lemon juice and parsley until combined.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet on high heat until smoking.
- Toss shrimp, salt, pepper and sugar in bowl.
- Put half shrimp in pan, spreading, and sear until edges turn pink, about 1 min. Remove from heat and flip shrimp with tongs. Leave for about 30-45 seconds until other side is equally browned.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining half of oil and shrimp.
- When second batch is cooked, return first batch to the pan so that all the shrimp are in the pan. Add garlic lemon butter mix to the shrimp and toss thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 195g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 163||51%|
|Total Fat 18.41g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 6.54g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 2.65g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|