Cost per serving $0.07 view details
- 1/2 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3-4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. Asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, Asiago, and Parmesan cheeses. Add the egg and Italian seasoning and mix well with clean hands.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, take tablespoonsfuls of the ricotta mixture and form into a 1 to 2-inch balls. Lightly roll the cheese balls into the Italian bread crumbs and then lightly into the Panko bread crumbs.
- Carefully place the cheese balls into the oil in small batches. Do not overcrowd the skillet. Let cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, then carefully flip the cheese balls over with a slotted metal spoon. Once the cheese balls have a golden brown color, remove them using the slotted spoon and place on a paper-towel lined plate to drain excess grease. Serve warm with warm marinara sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 17g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||38%|
|Total Fat 2.39g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.09g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.16g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|