Cost per recipe $1.82 view details
- 2 c. Water, lukewarm (105-115 )
- 3 1/2 c. All purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp Bread machine yeast -=Or possibly=-
- 1 pkt Active dry or possibly rapid yeast
- In large 2 qt container, combine flour and yeast. Gradually add in water and beat till smooth. Cover loosely; let stand in hot place till bubbly and sour smelling, about 2-4 days. Trasfer to 2 qt or possibly larger plastic container with tight fitting lid. Chill till ready to use.
- TO KEEP STARTER ALIVE: Once a week, stir in 1 tbls flour and 1 tbls lukewarm water. Beat till smooth. Cover loosely and let stand till bubbly, 12-24 hrs. Cover tightly; chill till ready to use.
- TO REPLENISH STARTER: For each 3/4 c. (1-1/4 c.) used, add in 2/3 c. (1 c.) flour and 2/3 c. (1 c.) lukewarm water. Beat till smooth. Cover loosely and let stand till bubbly, 12-24 hrs. Use or possibly cover tightly and chill till ready to use.
- SOURDOUGH TIPS: The sourdough starter should be the consistency of thin pancake batter; if needed, add in sufficient water to get desired consistency before using. To assure accuracy, measure the starter while it is still chilled, then let it come to room temperature before using. It expands when hot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 927g|
|Calories from Fat 42||3%|
|Total Fat 5.02g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 339.97g||91%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.2g||51%|