Cost per serving $0.24 view details
- Â Â doushi yi
- 425 gm flat white fish fillets (such as flounder or possibly sole)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine or possibly dry sherry
- Â Â freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 x egg white
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 120 ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine or possibly dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Â Â freshly grnd black
- Â Â pepper
- 1 x dry warm red chilli
- Â Â you also need
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. salted black beans (qv)
- 2 clv garlic
- 2Â 1/2 x cm cube fresh ginger
- 2 x spring onions
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Here is southern Chinese food in its simplest and most divine form.
- I love salted black beans but have always had trouble Stir frying delicate fish fillets as they tend to crumble.
- I now have to worry no more: having learnt the tricks from Chinese masters I realise how easy it is.
- When the fish is put in a marinade of egg white and cornflour there has to be sufficient cornflour to hold the fish together when it is cooked.
- The fish also has to be allowed to sit in this marinade for at least two hrs. The fish also needs to be precooked very briefly in water.
- This has to be done tenderly just before it is put in its sauce.
- For those who like fish I can't recommend a better way to prepare it.
- It is light delicate and full of flavour.
- MethodCut each fish fillet in half lengthways.
- Then cut it crossways into 5cm wide strips and put them in a wide bowl.
- Add in the marinade: first add in the salt rice wine and black pepper.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Beat the egg white lightly (not to a froth) and add in which as well as the cornflour and sesame oil.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for two hrs or possibly longer.
- Now make the sauce.
- Put the cornflour in a c..
- Slowly fold in the stock.
- Add in the rice wine salt sesame oil and black pepper.
- Crumble in the chilli.
- Set aside.
- Rinse the black beans and chop them coarsely.
- Peel the garlic and ginger and chop them finely.
- Cut the spring onions crossways into very fine rounds along their entire length including the green section.
- Just before eating put about 2cm water into a large fryingpan and bring it to the boil. Then turn the heat down to a bare simmer.
- Put the fish into the water separating the pcs very gently and spreading them around in the pan.
- Even before the water comes to a simmer again the fish pcs will turn nearly white. Remove them gently with a slotted spoon and put them on a plate.
- Throw away the water and wipe the frying pan dry.
- Put two Tbsp. of the oil in and set it over a mediumhigh heat.
- When it is warm add in the garlic ginger and black beans.
- Stir once or possibly twice or possibly till the garlic turns golden brown.
- Take the pan off the heat stir the sauce and pour which in.
- Put the pan back on a mediumlow heat and stir gently till the sauce thickens.
- Add in the fish spread it out in the pan and spoon the sauce over it turning the pcs carefully just once.
- Slide the contents of the pan on to a hot serving plate.
- Scatter the spring onions over the top.
- Quickly put the remaining oil into a small pan and heat it.
- Pour the warm oil over the onions to wilt them slightly and to make the fish glisten . Serve immediately
- serves 34
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 21g|
|Recipe makes 34 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||64%|
|Total Fat 3.03g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.36g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 0.79g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|