Cost per recipe $4.75 view details
- 6 Ounces Fingerling Potatoes see Note*
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 6 slices smoked bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely grated asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cuo (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the potatoes in a small saucepan, cover with water and add a little salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender. Drain, cool, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Put the thyme, onions, bacon, and cheeses in separate small bowls and set aside.
- Unwrap and unroll the thawed phyllo dough, placing the stack on a work surface.
- Put a 6-inch plate on top of the phyllo and cut around the plate and through the stack of dough with a small sharp paring knife. Continue cutting until all the dough is cut into circles.
- Discard the scrap dough and stack all the circles together.
- Lay a lightly dampened clean kitchen cloth over the top to keep the dough moist.
- Preheat the oven to 400Â°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
- Place three phyllo circles on each prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly brush all six circles with melted butter.
- Place another circle of dough on top of each of the first circles and brush again with melted butter.
- Continue until all six pizza circles are stacked with six layers of phyllo and butter.
- Put three to four slices of potato on top of each pizza stack. Sprinkle thyme, onions, and bacon over the potato slices, and top lightly with the two cheeses.
- Season to taste with pepper. Bake until medium golden brown, making sure the centers and bottoms of each crust are also golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut each pizza into 4 wedges using a sharp chefs knife or pizza wheel.
- Serve immediately.
- Fingerling potatoes are one of the many varieties of new potatoes that have a creamy, moist texture.
- When buying fingerling potatoes, look for their small and distinct fingerlike shape.
- If you have a difficult time finding them, substitute another low-starch potato like Yukon gold or red new potatoes.
- The potatoes and bacon can be cooked ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 622g|
|Calories from Fat 895||52%|
|Total Fat 99.42g||124%|
|Saturated Fat 33.8g||135%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 150.78g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|