All too often, cooking or baking food takes up a whole lot of time and effort only to see the fruits of your labor vanish into the gorging mouths in a matter of minutes, sometimes seconds!
Well, that's flattery for your culinary skill, I suppose.
Still, it would be nice if sometimes the excellent product (such as a bread recipe) from your kitchen would be savoured and relished in the same amount of time it took to prepare it, wouldn't it?
Well, I may have just the thing for that. Here is a cozy recipe that will definitely titillate the appetites of both kids and grown-ups alike, and doesn't take up half a lifetime to put together.
A sausage bread recipe that is made with store-bought pizza dough (so no need to wait for the yeast-induced rise and fall), sausages bought from and prepared by your favorite butcher, and regular fixings found in your pantry.
Preparing this is as simple as ABC and the waiting time is a breeze. Plus, once the bread is done, the outcome will be a certified hit; but because it is a very filling treat, it will definitely not vanish before your eyes that quickly.
- your choice of ground turkey, chicken or beef sausages â 1 pound
- minced garlic â 3 cloves
- finely chopped small onion â 1 piece
- olive oil â 1 tablespoon
- frozen or chilled pizza dough â 300 grams
- shredded combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese â 1 1/2 cups
- - Remove the sausages filling from the skin.
- - SautÃ© the garlic and onions in olive oil.
- - Add in the sausages and cook until done. Drain and press with paper towels.
- - Thaw the frozen dough and shape into a rectangle.
- - Spread on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- - Arrange the sausage and the cheese combo evenly on top of the dough.
- - Roll the dough as in a jellyâroll and pinch the ends to secure the filling.
- - Make certain the seam of the roll is faced down.
- - Cut star or cross designs on the top of the dough with a sharp knife.
- - Heat up your oven 350Â°F and bake the dough for an estimated 30 minutes or until the bread has a golden brown crust.
- - Turn off the oven.
- - Let stand to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the oven.
- - Cool the bread for another 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- - Slice and serve while hot.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 19g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 64||79%|
|Total Fat 7.28g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.88g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.59g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|