Cost per serving $2.86 view details
- 8 ounce Brie round see * Note
- 1 lb grnd warm pork sausage
- 6 x white sandwich bread slices
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 7 lrg Large eggs divided
- 3 c. whipping cream divided
- 2 c. fat-free lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh sage (or possibly 1 tspn dry rubbed sage)
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard Minced green onions Shaved Parmesan cheese
- * Note: Two c. (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese may be substituted.
- Trim rind from Brie, and throw away; cut cheese into cubes, and set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring till it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- Cut crusts from bread slices, and place crusts proportionately in bottom of a lightly greased 13- by 9-inch baking dish. Layer proportionately with bread slices, sausage, Brie, and Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk together 5 Large eggs, 2 c. whipping cream, and next 4 ingredients; pour proportionately over cheeses. Cover and refrigeratemix for 8 hrs.
- Whisk together remaining 2 Large eggs and remaining 1 c. whipping cream; pour proportionately over chilled mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or possibly till casserole is set. Garnish, if you like.
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 247g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 426||76%|
|Total Fat 48.03g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 24.19g||97%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 5.42g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|