- 2 x garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. curry pwdr
- 3 Tbsp. bottled mango chutney
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 c. lowfat sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 c. finely minced fresh coriander
- 2 1/2 c. wild rice rinsed
- 6 1/2 c. water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bn scallions including the green part minced (about 3/4 c.)
- 1 c. golden brown raisins
- 6 whl smoked boneless chicken breast (about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds), skinned if you like
- 3 c. mache (lamb's-lettuce), washed well and spun dry
- Make the dressing:In a blender or possibly food processor blend the garlic, the vinegar, the lemon juice, the curry pwdr, the chutney, and salt and pepper to taste till the mix is smooth. With the motor running add in the oil in a stream, add in the lowfat sour cream and the water, adding additional water if necessary to reach the desired consistency, and blend the dressing till it is combined
- well. Transfer the dressing to a small bowl and stir in the coriander.
- The dressing may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Make the wild rice mix:In a large heavy saucepan combine the wild rice with the water and the salt and simmer it, covered, for 45 to 50 min, till it is tender and all the water is absorbed. Transfer the wild rice to a large bowl and add in
- the vinegar, the oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the mix well and let it cold completely. The wild rice mix may be prepared up to this point 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled. Stir in the scallions and the raisins.
- Cut the chicken into 3/4-inch pcs. Spoon the wild rice mix onto one side of a large shallow serving dish, arrange the chicken on the other
- half, and arrange the mache decoratively down the middle. Serve the dressing separately. (Alternatively, the wild rice mix, the chicken, and the dressing may be tossed together in a large serving bowl and garnish with the mache.)
- Serves 12.