From the Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen (July 2013), this easy recipe met my needs for a novel and nutritious way to use up the last of the season tomatoes. A nice change of pace from quiche for a brunch or light supper.
- 1/2 cup milk (I used half & half)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese pureed in a food processor)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk milk and cornstarch in a large bowl, then whisk in ricotta cheese, eggs, basil, Parmesan, onions and salt.
- Pour into a nonstick 10-inch skillet which has an oven-safe handle. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and puffed. Edges will just begin to brown.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 204g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 121||55%|
|Total Fat 13.51g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 7.44g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.62g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|