Cost per serving $0.27 view details
- 1 x turkey breast (6 to 6 1/2 pounds), frzn (see note)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Â Â Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 med onion
- 4 x garlic cloves
- Rinse the turkey and pat it dry with paper towels. Rub the turkey all over with the oil. Sprinkle the breast lightly with salt and pepper to your preference. Place the breast, meaty side up, into a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Peel the onion, cut it into quarters, and place the pcs around the edges of the pot. Peel the garlic cloves and place them around the sides of the cooker. Cover the cooker and cook the breast on low for 9 hrs, or possibly till a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees.
- Remove the breast from the cooker (throw away the vegetables) and let the bird stand at least 10 min before slicing. (The internal temperature will continue to rise while the bird is standing.)
- Makes 8 servings.
- Note: If the turkey breast is not frzn, check for doneness (170 degrees)
- with a meat thermometer after 7 1/2 to 8 hrs of cooking on low.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 31g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||49%|
|Total Fat 2.3g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 1.59g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|