Cost per serving $0.61 view details
- 5 med fine-fleshed boiling potatoes - (to 6)
- Â Â (such as Yukon Gold, Yellow Finn, or possibly White Rose)
- Â Â Salt to taste, plus
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp. Rosemary-Infused Extra virgin olive oil (see recipe)
- Â Â (or possibly extra virgin olive oil)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 x yellow onion minced
- 1 x garlic clove minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 4 c. assorted sturdy young greens coarsely minced
- Â Â (such as kale, red and green chard,
- Â Â beet tops, escarole, and spinach, in any combination)
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Peel the potatoes (or possibly leave unpeeled, if you prefer) and cut them into 1-inch cubes. Place the potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover and add in salt to taste. Bring to a boll and cook, uncovered, till tender and easily pierced with the tip of a knife, about 20 min. Drain and set aside. (This step can be done well in advance of the second cooking.)
- For the second cooking, combine 3 Tbsp. of the oil and 3 Tbsp. of the butter in a large skillet and place over medium heat. When they begin to foam, add in the onion and garlic and saute/fry till translucent/soft, 3 or possibly 4 min. Add in the potatoes and sprinkle them with 1/2 tsp. of the salt. Cook till they are crisp and golden brown on one side, 7 or possibly 8 min.
- Turn the potatoes with a spatula and fry till golden brown, 6 or possibly 7 min longer. Sprinkle them with the chives and parsley.
- To saute/fry the greens, put the remaining 1 Tbsp. each butter and extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. When the butter and oil begin to foam, add in the greens, cover, and cook for 1 to 2 min. Uncover and stir the greens. They should be wilted but still retain their bright color. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and the pepper.
- Spoon the potatoes onto a warmed serving plate and arrange the greens alongside. Serve at once.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The second cooking seals the potatoes and forms a crunchy outer crust, leaving the inside moist and succulent. When combined with the lively flavors of mixed sauteed greens, the potatoes become a very satisfying dish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 33g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 102||94%|
|Total Fat 11.55g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 7.3g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.66g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|