Cost per serving $3.83 view details
- 2 x egg
- 1 x egg, yolk
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 x green onion, thinly, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Â Â Feta Scrambled Large eggs
- 1/4 c. grnd tomato
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 c. sliced oyster or possibly 2 c. button mushroom
- 2 c. shredded fresh spinach
- 4 x egg
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- Â Â Zucchini Tomato Salsa
- 1 x zucchini
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 x sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 x plum tomato, seeded, and, diced
- 1/3 c. minced fresh coriander
- 1/3 c. tomato, juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime, juice
- 1/4 tsp grnd coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 dsh Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dsh warm pepper sauce
- 1 pch salt
- 1 pch pepper
- In bowl, whisk together Large eggs and egg yolk.
- Whisk in lowfat milk, water and butter.
- Set aside.
- In separate large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mix over dry ingredients; whisk just till combined.
- Pour through sieve into clean bowl.
- Stir in green onions.
- Heat nonstick crepe pan or possibly small nonstick skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with some of the oil.
- Pour in 1/4 c. (50 mL) of the batter; swirl to coat pan and return to heat.
- Cook for 1 to 2 min or possibly till bottom of the crepe is light golden brown.
- Turn and cook briefly on other side just till hard.
- Place on paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Repeat to make 7 more crepes, brushing pan with oil as necessary. (Make-ahead: Let cold, cover with plastic wrap and chill for up to 24 hrs. Remove plastic wrap and paper towel, cover with foil and reheat in 200 F/100 C oven, or possibly transfer to plate and microwave 2 at a time.)
- Feta Scrambled Large eggs:Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat tomatoes over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 min or possibly till warm; set aside and keep hot.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, heat half of the butter over medium heat; cook mushrooms, stirring often, for 5 to 8 min or possibly till liquid is evaporated.
- Add in spinach; cover and steam over low heat for 2 min or possibly till wilted. Keep hot.
- In separate nonstick skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat.
- In bowl, beat Large eggs; pour into skillet.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 min or possibly till thickened but still moist and very soft.
- Zucchini Tomato Salsa:Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices; brush with oil.
- Transfer to greased gill over medium-high heat; cook for about 7 min, turning once, or possibly till lightly marked and tender but not soft.
- Let cold.
- In bowl, gently toss together zucchini, red pepper, tomatoes, fresh coriander, tomato and lime juices, Worcestershire and warm pepper sauces, salt and pepper. (Make-ahead: Cover and chill for up to 2 hrs.)
- Yield: 2 c. (500 mL).
- Preparation:To serve, place crepes on work surface.
- Spoon band of scrambled Large eggs along centre of each.
- Top with mushroom mix.
- Sprinkle with some of the feta.
- Fold 1 side over filling and roll up.
- Place 2 filled crepes seam side down on each of 4 warmed plates; top with Zucchini Tomato Salsa.
- Drizzle tomato sauce around crepes; sprinkle with remaining feta.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 541g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 384||55%|
|Total Fat 43.46g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 21.65g||87%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 51.49g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|