Lots of taste, but low in calories. Melange is French for mixture! It is not quite a casserole, but could certainly be done as one. Would be good for a potluck in a nice casserole dish.
- 1 cauliflower (about 1 and 1/2 pounds)
- 12 Brussel Sprouts (or more)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 8 oz. crabmeat
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- Break cauliflower in large flowerettes. Clean Brussel Sprouts, removing any leaves that aren't good. Cut off the ends and make an "x" in each end with a knife (helps then cook better).
- Cook them in lightly salted water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a pan, and stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Simmer about 5 minutes, add the crabmeat, and season with pepper and Old Bay.
- Arrange vegetables on a hot platter, and pour crab sauce over them.
- Sprinkle more Old Bay Seasoning on top.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 121g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||24%|
|Total Fat 2.59g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.37g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|