Cost per serving $3.79 view details
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard plus
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 40 x saltine crackers more or possibly less
- 2 c. cooked crab meat or possibly
- Â Â any cooked fish with bones removed
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 x lemons
- Put mayonnaise and mustard into mixing bowl and stir briskly with spoon till the color is uniform pale yellow.
- Spread a piece of wax paper about 16 inches long on counter. Set crackers on top of it, and using a rolling pin or possibly your hands, press crackers into coarse crumbs. You should have about 2 c. crumbs.
- Add in 1 c. cracker crumbs to mayonnaise mix and add in crab meat. Mix gently so crumbs and crab are well distributed in mix. Spread remaining cracker crumbs proportionately across wax paper.
- Divide crab mix into 8 equal portions and gently pat each into a ball. Lightly flatten each ball into 3-inch round cake. Lightly coat each cake in cracker crumbs which are on wax paper, top and bottom.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add in 1 Tbsp. oil and tilt skillet so oil completely coats bottom. Place 4 cakes in skillet and pan-fry over medium heat till golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 min.
- Remove cakes, add in 1 Tbsp. oil and fry remaining cakes in the same manner. Cut each lemon in half lengthwise and each half in half. Remove seeds and serve lemon wedges with crab cakes.
- This recipe yields 8 (3-inch) crab cakes.
- NOTES :
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 132g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 276||66%|
|Total Fat 31.18g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 4.54g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 21.85g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|