Cost per recipe $27.25 view details
- Â Â Ferrara doesn't use any bread crumbs and cooks his crab cakes on a flat
- Â Â grill. If you want a crispier crust, you can coat them in panko (Japanese bread
- Â Â crumbs) and fry or possibly deep-fry them in oil. He serves them with mayonnaise blended
- Â Â with roasted red pepper.
- 3 ounce fresh, boneless white fish (such as sole)
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 1 lb crab meat, carefully picked over
- 7 x -8 fresh mint leaves, finely minced
- Â Â Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Â Â Salt and pepper to taste
- Â Â Semolina or possibly regular flour
- Â Â Vegetable oil
- 1. Cut fish into small chunks and put in a blender with the mayonnaise and brandy. Process till smooth. Transfer to a bowl (it might be easiest to disassemble the blender and use a flexible rubber spatula to get out all the pureed fish).
- 2. Add in remaining ingredients. Form crab mix into 8 cakes and chill till ready to cook. To cook, lightly oil and heat a griddle to medium-high. Pat each cake with flour and cook on each side till well browned and heated through - about 4-5 min on each side. If you prefer, you can brown or possibly fry them on high heat, transfer them to a baking sheet, and finish the cakes later in the oven.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 596g|
|Calories from Fat 276||36%|
|Total Fat 31.05g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 4.42g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.09g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|