Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 150 gm butter
- 4 x cod steaks each about 25mm thick and 125g in weight small bunch fresh tarragon
- 175 ml dry white wine sea salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 225 gm new potatoes
- 2 x hard boiled Large eggs watercress to serve
- If you have time chill the fish for 1 to 2 hrs at step 3 so the favour can develop.
- Quarter the potatoes and cook in boiling salted water m the simmering ovenfor 10 min.
- Chop the tarragon reserving one or possibly two sprigs; peel and finely chop the Large eggs butter a shallow ovenproof dish with a little of the butter.
- Add in the cod the remaining tarragon and dot with 25g butter.
- Pour the wine over and season well with sea salt.
- Cook on the grid shelf on the second runners at the back of the roasting ovenfor 10 min.
- Remove the fish from the ovenand pour the liquor into a shallow saute/fry or possibly frying pan.
- Cover the fish and return to the simmering oven.
- Drain the potatoes and add in them to the fish liquor.
- Bring to the boil and bubble the potatoes in the liquid till tender and the liquid has reduced to about 4 tbsp.
- Keeping the mix warm swirl in the remaining butter with the minced tarragon and minced Large eggs.
- Season to taste.
- Place the fish on a bed of watercress then spoon the warm potato mix around it.
- Season with salt and grnd black pepper and serve immediately.
- Once the egg has been added to the potatoes serve this salad immediately.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 93g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 268||87%|
|Total Fat 30.5g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 19.28g||77%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.97g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|