I originally got the idea for Candy Cakes from Bakerella. She has a recipe for cake Balls which I just love. I decided to take them one step further and bake them again, add a wrapper and frosting and my newest creation was born
- 1 Package Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1- 3.3 oz. Box Jell-O Devils Food Instant Pudding
- 3 Brown Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Duncan Hines Whipped Chocolate Frosting
- 2 Cups Log House Cherry Baking Chips
- Log House Vanilla Almond Bark
- Mini Cupcake Baking Cups
- Butter Cream Frosting
- Wilton Cake Decorating Bag
- Wilton Tip 2D
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Mix together Cake Mix, Pudding, Water, Vegetable Oil, and Eggs In the mixer.
- Mix until Creamy.
- Get out a 13 x 9 oblong pan.
- Spray with Pam cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven cut into squares and cool on aluminum foil.
- Tear cooled cake into small pieces and put into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Get out your Cherry Chips and put on a cutting board.
- Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Add chips to the cake pieces and mix together.
- Add frosting to the Cake and mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Roll the Cake Mixture into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
- Remove Cakes and cool on aluminum foil.
- While the Cake is cooling melt your chocolate in the microwave.
- I usually put in 3 pieces at a time for 1 minute.
- Line up your Baking Cups on the counter.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of Melted Almond Bark into each baking cup.
- Drop one Cake into each Almond Bark Cup.
- I like to put the Cakes in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- This lets the Bark harden quickly.
- Remove the Cakes from the Freezer and remove the Paper Cups.
- Now the Bark becomes an edible wrapper.
- Put some Cream Cheese Butter Cream Frosting into a Decorating Bag.
- Use Tip 2D to make a spiral on the top.
- Since there is cream cheese in the frosting be sure to refrigerate your cakes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 14g|
|Recipe makes 48 servings|
|Calories from Fat 24||71%|
|Total Fat 2.68g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.26g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 2.29g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|