Looking for a practically guilty free pie when the sweet tooth attacks? Well I have a recipe for you. This recipe was given to me by my boyfreind. The crust of the pie is made of crushed nuts, and egg white and a bit of sugar. That is it. You could fill it any way you like but here is our somewhat low cal version.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed nuts of your choice (we did 1/2 almonds and 1/2 hazelnut)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-2 tbsp sugar is desired (you can add cinnamon, nutmeg or what you like for extra flavor
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 apples
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- cinnamon to taste
- sliced almonds
- 2 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Crush your nuts if whole, use about 1 cup of whole nuts to get 3/4 cups crushed.
- Mix nuts with egg and sugar plus spices is desired.
- Spread in a pie shell evenly and cook at 350F till the crust is golden.
- Melt chocolate and mix in cream until homogenized. Spread in the bottom of crust.
- Sprinkle a layer of sliced almonds.
- Peel and core apples and then cut in thin slices.
- In a pan melt the butter and add apples with sugar and cinnamon. Cook until just tender.
- Poor apples into the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle a few sliced almonds again and swirl decoratively the remaining dark chocolate.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 123g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 100||45%|
|Total Fat 11.16g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6.49g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 29.45g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|