Cost per serving $1.15 view details
- 4 x -8 medium chipotle chilies in adobo (1/4 1/2 c.)*
- 5 x cloves of garlic, peeled and cut into small pcs or possibly mashed
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/3 c. water or possibly broth
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice, or possibly to taste salt and pepper to taste
- Vary water depending on thickness desired in sauce as well as desired heat.
- Place chipotle chilies along with sauce clinging to peppers in a food processor. Add in balance of ingredients and puree till smooth. Sieve puree through a mesh sieve to remove seeds and fiber. Taste and adjust sweetness, heat, and lime juice to taste.
- Makes approximately 1 1/2 c. of sauce. Can be refrigerated for up to a week.
- *Found, canned, in all Mexican groceries and many supermarkets.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 138g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 120||43%|
|Total Fat 13.54g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.87g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.1g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|